Robert, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  16+ years of in home appliance repair knowledge.

we just bought a home with a bosch schu9915uc/u11 dishwasher

Customer Question

we just bought a home with a bosch schu9915uc/u11 dishwasher and it has a burning smell when we run it. can you suggest a solution? what detergent should we use?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Robert replied 4 years ago.

Robert : Hello.
Robert : You can use whichever detergent you choose too. Cascade and Finish are my two preferred brands but you are not limited to that. It does not need a special brand so any dishwasher detergent will work.
Robert : On the smell, how long did the house sit before you bought it? Is it a melting plastic smell or a hot electonics smell?

The house did not sit. It smells more like hot electronics. It's hard to place.

Expert:  Robert replied 4 years ago.
If you have a smell like hot electronics then I would go ahead and run it a few more times and see if the smell goes away. This that i could be as simple as a a buildup on the motor assy that is causing a little stress. It could also be a board or other component that is going to fail in the future. Just keep using it for now and get back with me later if the problem continues. These unit can start to seize due to sitting up in as little as 2 weeks. If it was not used for that long or longer then that is probably your issue.