Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.

I have a Miele Novotronic W838 washing machine bought in 2000.

I have a Miele Novotronic W838 washing machine bought in 2000. Since about 3 weeks I have the following problems : 1. the program does not advances from WASH to rinse and all the other, stays in loop for a long time. Once happened that indicated END and still WASH was blinking.
2. It does not matter if I choose program with COLD water or 75C water, still stuck in WASH.
3. I manage to finish the washing by closing the program and choosing SEPARATE RINSE then it works till the end.
Have you any idea what happened ? Thank you very much Lenke

Jon Grella : Hello
Jon Grella : My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am an authorized Miele service technician and I can help you today
Jon Grella : What is the full model number found just inside the machine? The model number is XXXXX located just. Behind the door on a sticker with the model and serial numbers. Can you open the door and check for me please?
Jon Grella : If you have had a power surge or sudden loss of power since the problem with the wash, I usually see that can caus ethe problems within the machine. The computer or timer, depending on the model, can get damaged and start to skip cycles or not advance through select cycles.
Jon Grella : Does your machine have an LCD display or just lights and a timer knob? Or both?
Jon Grella : Depending on the model you have, you machine could be trying to display an error code that will tell you what is happening on the machine. If you don't have a model that can tell you the error code, I can have you access the diagnostic check mode that way we can check manually.
Jon Grella : Please email me back when you have a minute to work on this machine and I will help you to the best of my ability.
Jon Grella : I work on these machines often and I usually find that the computer is at fault when you have this kind of problem. Especially when no other error codes or lights flash or blink. If that is the case here with your machine, I can show you where to get replacement parts and have you install them to fix the problem.
Jon Grella : Please email me back and I will help you further.

Thank you for accepting my answer today.

Please email me back with the full model number of the machine so that I can look up the diagrams for you and tell you how to put the machine into diagnostics. This way I can have you check to see what is malfunctioning.

Please email me when you have a minute to do so. You can email me back here and I will help you out.

Thank you again.