gst85
gst85, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  i have over 15 yrs experience in home appliance repairs and installs

We have a Heller Refrigerator Model PPRH32 and it just started

We have a Heller Refrigerator Model PPRH32 and it just started running continuously and not cooling. Help!!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  gst85 replied 2 years ago.

gst85 :

hi,can you hear the compressor running constantly

Customer:

Yes

gst85 :

ok is the freezer or fridge getting warm?

gst85 :

let me know when you are ready to continue

gst85 :

when you plugged it back in ,did yiou hear the compressor kick in?

Customer:

The fins outside of the back of the fridge are only just warm. But inside is not very cold.

Customer:

It did not kick in immediately

gst85 :

ok can you see any frost on the evaporator cover inside the freezer?

gst85 :

did you hear a clicking sound

Customer:

The fridge does not have a freezer but there is usually some frost just below the small fan at the inside top.

Customer:

did not hear a clicking sound

gst85 :

ok so what you seem to have is a defrost problem which will cause this issue

gst85 :

can you access the compressor?

Customer:

i would need to pull the fridge out, but no problems

gst85 :

ok great,and is the fridge connected and running as we speak?

Customer:

yes

gst85 :

feel if the compressor is hot or just warm to touch?

Customer:

it will probably take me about 10 minutes to that

gst85 :

take your time.

gst85 :

i am here to assist you .

Customer:

the compressor is hot to touch

Customer:

vert hot

Customer:

very hot sorry

gst85 :

ok well together we have found the problem.compressor has failed.

gst85 :

sorry for the bad news .but at leased you know the problem

Customer:

I presume you mean the fridge is buggered

gst85 :

it can be replaced but i must tell you that a compressor job will usually cost anywhere from $500 to $700.which is pretty expensive

Customer:

many thanks for your expert help. I wish you all the best for the future

gst85 :

your welcome.pressing accept is how i get paid.please leave feedback

gst85 :

thanks so much

gst85, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: i have over 15 yrs experience in home appliance repairs and installs