Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

WASHER MODEL GW712AU P / CODE 93200A WONT ADJETATE HAVE REPLACED

WASHER MODEL GW712AU P / CODE 93200A WON'T ADJETATE HAVE REPLACED MOTOR CONTROLER
DARRYL FROM KNIGHTS ELECTRICAL XXXXXXXXXX
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 4 years ago.

Appliance Guru :

hello

Hi, I am sorry to hear about your problem. Can you tell me what the machine does exactly. Does it fill? does the motor try and run ? Or is it just dead?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

machine fills but trys to wash but only pulsing whole bowl turns

does spin and pump out

It sound like the coupler is not locking in place. This is a fairly common problem. How it works is like this: The water fills and the inner tub floats up on the shaft about 1-2". When it gets to the top it engages a locking coupler to lock the inner tub from moving. This allows the unit to agitate. Now if the tub shaft gets dirty or the coupler splines go bad then the unit cannot lock in place and it will do what yours is doing. You can remove the agitator and you will see the coupler splin under it you can take off the three screws to see if it is all chewed up or if the inner tub does not ride up easily to engage it. Also I included the diagram of the coupler it is part #3 on the diagram. This should get you going.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

thankyou that seems to have been the problem, now we have a gear rattel noise is this ok

That coupler may be bad it sounds like the spline on the coupler is shot...I would buy a new one and change it out. The job is very easy.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
thank you your assistance has been a big help