Repairman1981
Repairman1981, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  7 years Repairing Appliances, Factory Trained in Several Major Brands
41736587

whats the difference between the WGD5610XW gas suite whirlpools

Customer Question

what's the difference between the WGD5610XW gas suite whirlpools and the Whirlpool Duet 9610 Gas Laundry Suite.

looking to buy one I can't find any reviews online.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Repairman1981 replied 2 years ago.

Repairman1981 :

What are you looking for a comparison between the 2 you listed or JUST reviews on that suite series?

Repairman1981 :

I would be happy to provide you any information you need on these, reviews are VERY subjective and usually negative on everything since most people don't put one up when they are happy, only when they are angry

scottrosenberg :

the more expensive one says it has steam refresh and wrinkle guard. I'm a guy and hate hanging and folding and would love easy. Are these real?

Repairman1981 :

They do "help" I will say they will not get ALL wrinkles out, and the steam refresh doesn't remove sweat odors and staind like it "sounds" like it does

Repairman1981 :

They are nice and they do help, but they are FAR from what they are advertised to be

Repairman1981 :

For example

Repairman1981 :

If you have a shirt you wore in an office, have some minor wrinkling, no sweat or ink issues, you could get by with the steam refresh and not have to wash it

Repairman1981 :

However I cannot tell you you will enjoy it and it will do everything they claim, I get the calls all the time, people saying it's malfunctioning and there is nothing mechanically wrong, they were just lied to about the actual use of those features

Repairman1981 :

Sales people lie, but they machines do work and they do prevent SOME things from being washed

Repairman1981 :

will let you get a couple days out of a shirt and things like that

scottrosenberg :

you're upfront. I appreciate that. what's the diff between that suite and this one

Whirlpool Cabrio Gas Suite
4.3 CuFt Washer
7.4...

$1,349.99
After $150 OFF
scottrosenberg :

hi. where you'd go?

Repairman1981 :

Sorry, someone else locked the question and I didn't see your response

Repairman1981 :

When you say the difference, the obvious difference is one is the duet (frontload) and one is the cabrio (top load) washers

Repairman1981 :

Mechanically there won't be a HUGE difference in the dryers

Repairman1981 :

Personally I sway people away from front loaders EVERYDAY, but if your gonna get one the duet is the best. That being said the cabrio is having it's own set of issues, I would probably between the 2 send you to the duet set you were talking about first

Repairman1981 :

I don't get comission or anything this is purely based on technical advice and probably the best chance of getting the most time without any service calls

Repairman1981 :

The dryer is more basic here, not a steam dryer, and therefore will last you a LOT longer .... this dryer shouldn't have any service calls out to around 10 years

Repairman1981 :

I personally would get the duet set without steam .....

Repairman1981 :

That would be my best recommendation

scottrosenberg :

hi. ok, so the duet, though, does have that steam function

scottrosenberg : 12 Cycles

1,300RPM Spin Speed
Steam Refresh
Wrinkle Shield Plus Feature

Item # 587913
$1,999.99
After $300 OFF

Repairman1981 :

Steam refresh is steam

Repairman1981 :

They make a duet that doesn't

Repairman1981 :

I dunno about cosco, but I know for sure they make a steam and a non steam model

scottrosenberg :

oh.... got it. So steam often equals to shorter life, but helps shirts a bit. Any thoughts on gas vs. electric?

Repairman1981 :

well no it doesn't shorten the life it's just something else to break and will lead to more service calls

Repairman1981 :

If you have gas it's very very nice

Repairman1981 :

If you don't have gas, you shouldn't pay to get it

Repairman1981 :

Gas does dry faster

Repairman1981 :

However the difference isn't worth the cost of pullinbg gas to your laundry room

scottrosenberg :

thanks so much! do you work for whirlpool?

Repairman1981 :

Nope

Repairman1981 :

I own my own appliance repair business

Repairman1981 :

Other than annual training I'm not affiliated with them

Repairman1981 :

I don't even do warranty work for them at the moment they were kind enough to decline my application saying they have enough servicers in the area

Repairman1981 :

They still have the best products .... I can't lie to you about that

Repairman1981 :

In laundry they are tops

scottrosenberg :

thanks so much.

Repairman1981 :

No problem, lemme know if you need anything else

Repairman1981 :

Please do remember to leave feedback after clicking accept and have a great rest of your evening

Repairman1981 :

Please don't open a NEW question just return to this one and you don't pay anything for future followups