Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

exterior glass on model jmp28bod1ct shattered. I cant find

Customer Question

exterior glass on model jmp28bod1ct shattered. I can't find any replacement glass for this model speciffically. What model/part number should I use? Is it possible to replacethe entire door.

Thanks
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

They do not sell the entire door as an assembly unfortunately but the front panel is still sold separately. Below is a link to the part you'll need to order.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Are instructions included?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
They are not, but you just need to remove the door and split the door apart by removing the screws going in around the door. Then the handle and glass will pull off and you remove replace the glass.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Will this correspondence be mailed to me?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
yes, after you accept you get an Email with a link to come back and read the responses as well as ask follow-up questions or leave feedback if you'd like.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No email and no charge yet to my credit card. Did I not complete the transaction?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
It has been completed. You accepted and it should be fine if you need anything just post back here. I've heard from 2 customers today that something is going on with the E-mailing system so hopefully that is resolved soonish.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

This came today, but unfortunately it is an inch too wide (ie 25" and our door is about 24.25") Our stove is 15+ years old. Any other suggestions?

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
I looked up the part from your model number that you gave specifically. The manufacturer part number is XXXXXXXXXX. If it came to big, then it was mis-packaged so you'll need to return it and get another one.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
According to the folks at appliance pro, that part is 25 inches wide. They agree that it is supposed to fit this model...however it does not. Any ideas?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
I have no other ideas unfortunately. That's the only part that shows up on the look-up for multiple websites that I've seen.