yourrepairspecialist
yourrepairspecialist, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Over 10 Years of experience in the field of Marine, Commercial and Residential AC,TV and Appliance Repair.
60257586

MY washer functions perfectly well and is generally very quiet

Customer Question

MY washer functions perfectly well and is generally very quiet but has begun to make squeaking noises during the agitating cycle.

Model # XXXXX E5550K2WWW
Serial # XXXXX(NNN) NNN-NNNN
Category: Appliance
Expert:  yourrepairspecialist replied 2 years ago.

yourrepairspecialist :

Hi, i'll be glad to help you with the issue you are having, is the noise only while agitating or does it make it also while spinning???

Customer:

Only while agitating

yourrepairspecialist :

can you smell any burnt rubber?

Customer:

No--nothing like that

yourrepairspecialist :

ok then the squeaking noise is coming from the rods which the part of the machine that keeps the tub in balance

yourrepairspecialist :

A: you can try to grease them up and see if that resolves the issue

yourrepairspecialist :

B: you can replace them, which can be not that hard if you are handy

yourrepairspecialist :

which option would you like to go with?

Customer:

How do I grease these rods?? I have no Idea how to do any of this. Would my super know how to do this? Where are the rods located?

yourrepairspecialist :

yes i'm pretty sure he will be able to do it

Customer:

So it doesn't sound all that serious?

yourrepairspecialist :

all you need is a high temperature grease and small flat head screw driver

Customer:

And the rods are located...where, exactly?

yourrepairspecialist :

with the screw driver you will remove the front panel of the unit, by inserting the screw driver on the op of the panel where it has a clip and pushing that clip in

Customer:

And I will see these rods?

yourrepairspecialist :

there's two clips one on each side of the top in the front panel push both in and the panel will release

yourrepairspecialist :

the rods are on each side of the drum, can't miss them

yourrepairspecialist :

they are a long bar of iron that has a plastic piece on the bottom

Customer:

Okay--I will try this. But the situation isn't serious?

yourrepairspecialist :

if you operate the machine without that front panel, you will be able to pin point the noise and correct the issue

Customer:

Okay--will try that--but serious or not serious?

yourrepairspecialist :

well if the rods are broken or bad it is, since the unit is working out of balance

yourrepairspecialist :

and could damage something more serious

Customer:

So then it sounds as if I should have a repairman do it, since I wouldn't even know what that looks like or what to do if they are bad or broken.

yourrepairspecialist :

well if i was you i would check it out first, and see if they need grease a diagnosis call from a repair tech is a minimum of $70.00 and most of the time they will tell you that they need to be replaced

yourrepairspecialist :

just to make a living... so by the end of the repair you are looking at $200

Customer:

Okay--I'll try to do this myself with the super's help.

yourrepairspecialist :

Thanks for allowing me to help you with your issue and please don't forget to click the accept button so i can get compensated...

Experience: Over 10 Years of experience in the field of Marine, Commercial and Residential AC,TV and Appliance Repair.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can't locate the clips I'm supposed to press so that the front panel comes off--where are they? What do they look like?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can't locate clips I'm supposed to press so that front panel comes off--where are they exactly and what do they look like?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Other.
Your answer involved opening the front panel of my washer by pressing on clips with a screwdriver. I am unclear about exactly where those clips are and what they look like.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is Bryan,I look forward to helping you today.

you have already accepted the other techs answer so you will need to get a refund on that and I can help you. if you click this blue link it will take you to diagrams, the clips are # 373 on the diagram, http://www.appliancepartspros.com/partsearch/model.aspx?model_id=5555251 they are about 3 inches in from each side between the top and the front panel. let me know if you get the front off.