Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have magic chef CGL1100ADW converted to burn propane. The

I have magic chef CGL1100ADW converted to burn propane. The regulator and the hoods have been set correctly. But the flame seems high to me both on the top and in the oven. With a lot of yellow tips. It doesn't burn like any propane stove I've used before.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

The flames should not be yellow. They should be mostly blue with flickers of yellow. If they have too much yellow then you nee dto just the air intake shutter more to lower the amount of oxygen. As far as the flame size goes, you need to tighten down the orifaces as far as they will go. The flame should only be about 2-3 inches long and if they are bigger than that, the orifaces are not tightened down far enough.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I just tryed adjusting the air regulators again and by closing them it makes the yellowing worse. I also checked the hoods they are all seated down as far as they will go. Any other thought ? Im stumped.
Theya re not far tightened down far enough. You need to turn them more. If they strip out, then they strip out. You'll just have to replace the oriface if they strip out, but either way they are not tightened down enough.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
much better, thereare real tight but none stripped, any other tips, on tweeking it farther? can this model ever burn as clean as other gas ranges?
The only other thing you can do to tweak it is to open and shut the shutter. The flame will get a little larger if the shutter is shut, but you want the flame to look blue with just yellow/orange flickers.

And yes, this model should burn just as clean as other gas ranges.