Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

On our Maytag double built-in oven (27) the display is empty,

On our Maytag double built-in oven (27`) the display is empty, except for a red light on the left bottom part of the display, and we cannot use the oven as none of the buttons work either. What is wrong?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Try to turn the circuit breaker off for 60 seconds to see if it will reset the electronics. If that doesn't work, you'll need to order and replace the display control board because it's just shorted for one reason or another.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

It has turned itself off twice before and we flipped the circuit off then on and it came back on, but this is the first time a red light has come on. When turned back on it is fine.We are wondering what the red light is and if it is even safe to turn back on, again?

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
The red light really doesn't mean anything. It's safe to use the oven, and it should be illuminated of course, but if the oven is running normally then I'm not sure I'd replace the display board just to get rid of the red light.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
If the oven was running normally why would the breaker keep going off?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
Possibly a weak breaker if the oven isn't drawing more than the breaker amperage. Or if it's randomly going off and it IS drawing more amperage than the breaker can handle, then possibly the control board is bad and it's not cycling the elements correctly.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
We've had these ovens for almost three years and this is the first time this has happened. Do I call a Maytag rep, an electrician, or???