Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

My Kenmore Elite HE4 dryer wont start. You can select the

My Kenmore Elite HE4 dryer won't start. You can select the dryer setting as usual and when you push start it clicks, as usual, but the drum does not start. Is there something I can do to troubleshoot or do I need to call a tech to come out?
Hi my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem.Please allow me some time to do research and type a response to each of your posts.

The problem here is a blown thermal fuse, Take the panel off under the door, Look around the back of the blower housing you will see the thermal fuse.

graphic

Pull the wires off then tape them together, Then try to start the machine, if as I suspect the machine starts replace the fuse before using the dryer again.

As always safety first unplug the unit before working on it.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask. Hitting the accept button does not exclude you from asking further questions at a later date. Please don't forget to hit the accept button since this is how I get paid for my time and effort.

Please don't leave feedback until we are completely finished,this is a process, you may want to come back later and I would be happy to give you additional assistance if needed. Taking time to give me Positive feedback is always appreciated.

Thanks!

I notice this question is still open, Do you need any additional help regarding this problem?

Thanks!