APPLIANCE GURU-John, Business owner

My Frigidaire dishwasher (model number FDB1050REC4) wont drain.

My Frigidaire dishwasher (model number FDB1050REC4) won't drain. I've taken out all the parts possible, without using a screwdriver, at the bottom of the tub. I have cleaned all of those parts thoroughly, but it still won't drain. I have scooped out most of the water from the bottom of the dishwasher, but don't know what to do or check next.
Hi, thank you for using this service. I will be assisting you with your question today. Have you recently installed a garbage disposal?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No, there is no garbage disposal - I don't think, at least. I am a renter and have only been here a few months.
Ok, the dishwasher drains into the garbage disposal in your kitchen sink it is located under the sink or it may just drain else where if you do not have a disposal. The next thing to do would be to take the drain hose off where ever the dish washer drains to. Locate the drain hose which usually runs under the kitchen sink and to the disposal and put the hose in a bucket. Pour some water in the dishwasher and start the dish washer after you hear the motor start running look in the bucket and see if the water is draining out the hose into the bucket and let me know. You will need a screw driver to remove the hose clamp.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It has drained into the bucket. So, does that mean the clog or blockage is in the sink's pipe and isn't even in the dishwasher?
Yes, clean out the opening where the hose was attached they usually clog up there, you can do this with a screw driver. If that does not work the clog could be deeper in the pipe and you may need a plumber.
Also make sure the drain hose goes in a upper direction before it goes down to the dishwasher or the water may be draining back into the dishwasher. You can do this by tyeing the drain hose up with string or piece of rope..
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Perfect, thank you for your help!
Just one last question - when I opened up that pipe, a little black screw came out with all the water.. I don't think there is anywhere it could have come out of, though. Is it most likely just from someone dropping it down the drain?
Yes that does happen I don't know where it could have come from.