Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

I have a GE profile oven. Im getting the error code F0 ( or

I have a GE profile oven. I’m getting the error code F0 ( or FO) Online research tells me it has something to do with the controller for the oven… the top “burners” work fine. If I cycle power to the oven the error goes away for a short time and then reappears even if I did not try to use the oven. I have not been able to find instructions on line on how to repair / replace the controller. So I suppose my question(s) are. Is this a common error for this oven, and is the controller something that a relatively mechanically inclined (electrical) Engineer could replace if I buy a replacement controller on line? Can you point me to somewhere online that may have instruction on how to replace this? Thanks david
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hi my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem.Please allow me some time to do research and type a response to each of your posts.

The error code means a button on the touchpad is shorted or the control board is bad, they are fairly easy to replace but you will first need to determine if the touchpad or control is bad. If the touchpad is built into the control board then both will need to be replaced.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask. Hitting the accept button does not exclude you from asking further questions at a later date. Please don't forget to hit the accept button since this is how I get paid for my time and effort.

Please don't leave feedback until we are completely finished,this is a process, you may want to come back later and I would be happy to give you additional assistance if needed. Taking time to give me Positive feedback is always appreciated.

Thanks!

Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry...I guess I left feedback too soon... MORE INFO: Once I get the error the touchpad is unresponsive. If I cycle power to the oven and the error goes away, the touchpad is functional - until some time passes and I get the F0 error again. Does this indicate the controller is bad? if this is not an indication of a bad controller, is there somethign i can do to detirmine controller or touchpad? david
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hi david, can you give me the model number? will help me figure this problem for you :)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have the maual here. it says JSP57 JS968 JD968 on the cover...I assume those are model numbers...and I have one of them. I see no model number on the stove. I just hit the CLEAR/OFF button and it cleared the error code. I am SURE it will return, but appartntly the touchpad is nto completly unresponsive as I mentioned earlier.
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Is this a range or a wall oven?

To get the correct model number if this is a range the model number will be on a sticker to the left or right inside the drawer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Range.... I believe... 4 burnes on top...convection underneath... is that a RANGE?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK... WAIT you mention a DRAWER. there is NO drawer...so maybe it is a wall oven...

Its NOT one of those ovens that is built into a wall... I feel silly...easy question...and im not sure

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

WAIT...im goign to go look to see if there is a drawer below the oven....

The manual I have is here

Attachment: 2012-01-19_224450_oven_manual.pdf

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK..MORE INFO

No drawer under the oven. Laben inside of the oven door reads:

MODEL J D968T0F1WW (Might be TOF1...)

SN AF4 25539Q

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
ok give me a minute to look that up :)
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Ok the touch pad is separate to the control on this one, This is how you figure out if the touch pad or the control is bad.

Access the control panel then pull the ribbon cable out of the control for the touch pad.

Then turn the power back on and wait an hour.

If F0 comes back then the control is bad, If F0 does not come back then the touch pad is bad and will need to be replaced.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK Makes sense... Any guidance on how to access the control panel?

and I know this is completly subjective, but is it a repair a reasonable adept person could make or is a definate "repairman" repair?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OH also any info on PART NUMBERS for the touch pad and controler so I might order on line?

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
well from the schematic it looks like the control is on the front as opposed to the rear on top. In this case the control is easy to replace but it's a tough one to access the control panel. This would require the top be removed then the front panel be taken off. Problem is allot of wires will need to be disconnected and then you would need to remember how to put everything back together (not an easy thing to do if you are not used to doing this kind of repair)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Im Not "used to it" but pretty technically adept and I take a billion pictures with the camera for documentation on how to put it all back together. Any helpful hints on how to remove the top, then remove the font panel? did you fiond any ONLINE ionfo I could go to?
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Ok there are several was ge units come apart, in this case you will either have to open the door and take the screws out under the bottom lip of the control panel or you will have to pull it out from the wall partially take the screws out at the side holding the cook top in place then lift the cook top to access the control.

Click here to view schematics of this model