Neilwill
Neilwill, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  10 years experience appliance repair and installation
25067054

hi again i have a miele t868 dishwasher that gets stuck on

Customer Question

hi again
i have a miele t868 dishwasher that gets stuck on a cycle and not move onto the next. it doesnt have a particular stick spot. advancing the knob to a new spot can elict a stuck response as well. i can hear the 'tic' as it trys to advance , but it doesnt
dave
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Neilwill replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer!
If you have any questions after reading my answer,be sure to let me know.

The clock control is bad the control panel is not advancing unless you help it but then stuck again. Replace the control panel this will complete the whole cycle and cut off like its suppose to.
Neilwill, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 10 years experience appliance repair and installation
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

would you happen to know the part # XXXXX a control panel and/or have a diagram of it ?

its a metal box w/ a large # XXXXX wires coming out of it i think

Expert:  Neilwill replied 2 years ago.
The problem is you need to get parts from Miele.
most parts house do not have them.
Expert:  Neilwill replied 2 years ago.

Spares & Accessory Sales

0845(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

i do not have the diagrams for that one.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

checking w miele canada , they say the part is no longer made

do u know of somewhere in the US perhaps that might have parts

the part is $300 + if they had it available in canada

or just buy a dishwasher under $1K knowing that you can throw it away after ten yrs because the parts wont be available

any rec's on new dishwashers ?

thx

Expert:  Neilwill replied 2 years ago.
Unfortunately, Miele has their own parts and they are hard to come by even if they are available .
That's why I suggested buying it directly from them. most parts places do not have them.
I would not spend $300 on a dishwasher part even if available.
When it comes to such money for parts it is more cost effective to replace the machine. Tomorrow will be another part again.

I failed to ask you the age of the dishwasher.

Here is an interesting report I wrote! Repair or replace? When to pull the plug on your old dishwasher Typically, you'll also find a troubleshooting section for more-serious problems in the owner's manual. Should you pay for a repair or buy a new model?The answer depends mostly on the age of your dishwasher,how much you bought it for, and the cost of the repair. Follow these guidelines: When a repair makes sense. If your dishwasher is under warranty or less than four years old ,paying for a repair makes sense.Note that dishwashers under warranty might require service from a factory-authorized technician;readers have found them on a par with independent repairers. When a repair might be a wise choice. If your dishwasher is out of warranty and is four to seven years old,it might make sense to pay for a repair. Customers generally pay $100 to $200 for a repair.But you might want to buy a new model even at this stage,given that today's models have added features.Higher energy efficiency is another plus: Energy Star-qualified models made after April 28, 2008,are 43 percent more efficient than conventional models built before 2001 and 56 percent more efficient than those built before 1993. When it pays to replace. The repair costs more than half the price of a comparable new dishwasher.Data also shows that it doesn't pay to fix a less-expensive dishwasher eight or more years old. Thanks to better recycling programs, less than 10 percent of dishwashers you replace are likely to end up in a landfill.