Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Hello, I have a3-4 year old top loading commercial heavy duty

Hello, I have a3-4 year old top loading commercial heavy duty series 8 whirlpool washing machine which I am recolating , my Question is, is inch and a half waste pipe large enough
for the out flow ?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

do you have a model # XXXXX the machine? if its top load look under the lid in the back center. thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Bryan, the only no. I could find in W10132084A, The outlet pipe is one inch in diamater.

Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
okay, the drain hose from the washer itself is 1inch in diameter now ? the one that is actually connected to the machine at this time ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Drain hose is one inch connected to inch and a half waste pipe .
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Washer machine is 1 inch now and is going into a 1and1/2 inch pipe that should be plenty to drain correctly, the problem you need to watch out for is to make sure that the hose from the machine where goes into the pipe is not to tight. It has to have an air space around it in order to prevent a siphon effect, in other words if it's too tight going into the drain pipe itself this can cause the machine to siphon the water out as it fills. There needs to be in air space around the hose from the machine where it is inserted into the drain pipe , I'm gathering you say you are relocating the machine are you just wondering if it will be okay or have you tried it and it doesn't work correctly?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks Bryan good info, will doo, appliance not connected yet.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
okay it should be fine to use that as long as theres an air gap. have a great day, thanks, Bryan