Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a KitchenAid Range, model KESC308LSS0. Yesterday while

I have a KitchenAid Range, model KESC308LSS0. Yesterday while we were baking something there was a loud "fuse blowing" sort of noise and now none of the baking/broiling/convection heating elements are working. The convection fan is still going, all controls work properly, the range works, and the oven light is on. What do you think is the origin of the problem?

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

So this actually says it's heating when you set the controls that correct? In other words does the clock start counting down and say a temperature but it just doesn't heat up?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It is still reading the temperature correctly, it just shows as "low" the whole time. Last night before it blew out, it heated up a bit to about 240F, but then blew out and just cooled down from there.
Okay it's gonna be one of two things but most likely it's gonna be the relay board, the relay board is what normally makes a pop sound when they blow, there is also a thermal fuse but these don't make noise they just stopped working, this is the relay board, and this is the thermal fuse, the thermal fuse however like I said doesn't make a noise when it goes, you can test however if you wish here is a video to show you how to test it with a voltmeter. this is located on the roof or the back of the oven, the diagrams don't show the location unfortunately, you have to find that. The relay board is in the control panel from what I can see the diagrams a very vague on this unit and don't really show the location of the parts, if the thermal fuse is blown you can order it at that same link, if it is a relay board you can get at this link, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
In doing some research on others with this oven and similar problems, I guessed it might be the relay board. Could you give me a little info on what causes these to blow out?
Well it's really hard to say will cause it to be honest, a lot of times these just have a bad solder joint or the relays bad or one of the relays I should say and sometimes it's the diodes adjust: in the blow, unfortunately does not just one cause, sometimes it can be a power spike or even a short in the oven somewhere the can cause this, there are real pain in the neck to be honest but yeah the relay boards is what usually goes on these, evidence electronic nowadays you can't get away from it, I wish you the best, XXXXX XXXXX