Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a Sears Kenmore Coldspot refrigerator at a rental house.

I have a Sears Kenmore Coldspot refrigerator at a rental house. The tenants said that it continues to make ice, but they can't get any water out of the water dispenser on the door. They changed filters, and have also removed all the food, unplugged it and let the refrigerator sit overnight in case the line was frozen. Because the ice maker continues to work but the water doesn't I know that it is not a supply line or filter related problem.

What should I be looking for and how to I gain access?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

can you get us the full model # ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't have it. I am at another place of employment and actually am in a meeting. I could make some phone calls later and could probably get it. If you want to postpone for a while, I will check back with you.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay no problem.it can wait till you can get it. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm trying to get the exact model from my tenants, but one of them is at work and the other is not answering his cell phone or emails. Be patient. I will eventually get it. All I know for sure right now is that it is a Kenmore Coldspot.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Okay just get back to me when you have it no problem, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK. My tenant says it is a Kenmore Coldspot, Model 106.57362700 and serial number HRW2640386. That is a mightly long part number -- I hope it is what you need.

Reminder: The frig has been emptied and shut off since last night. It still does not work as of 10 minutes ago. I don't know if the valve is electric or not, but we tried it with the frig plugged in also. Still no water. The icemaker seems to work and the ice auger does turn.

How does the front come off so that I can see inside where the valves and stuff are?

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Of okay the valve is located in the back of the refrigerator right where the water line from the house hooks up. Here's what it looks like, you need to order it and replace it comes with instructions so it's fairly simple, you can order this at the following link http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Water-Inlet-Valve/W10408179/1938614?modelNumber=106.57362700 the valve is a dual valve one side runs the ice maker the other side the water in the door, the solenoid on the water in the door side has failed, this is common, you can do this job yourself, thanks, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Will I need to get into the front area at all? If so, I will need to remove the plastic frame around the dispenser unit and don't want to break it. How does it latch shut? There appears to be a couple of buttons that you press up inside, but it still doesn't come loose.

If everything is accessible from the rear to fix this, then you may disregard this question.

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Everything is accessible from the back, you just need to remove the cover that is at the bottom in the back of the refrigerator, I'm talking about the outside back of the refrigerator not inside just roll a refrigerator away from the wall and where your house line connects is the valve, so it's all done from the back, thanks, Bryan