Neilwill
Neilwill, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  10 years experience appliance repair and installation
25067054

I have had a Whirlpool 465 Accubake since 2004 and it will

I have had a Whirlpool 465 Accubake since 2004 and it will not put a golden crust on the food that I bake, even if I turn the oven up. Also, we tested the temp with a termometer from a restraunt and the oven is 50 degrees off.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Neilwill replied 2 years ago.

Neilwill :

Hello, Thank you for using JustAnswer! If you have any questions after reading my answer,be sure to let me know.

Neilwill, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 10 years experience appliance repair and installation
Expert:  Neilwill replied 2 years ago.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Expert:  Neilwill replied 2 years ago.

It sounds like you may have a bad bake element.
You will need an Ohm meter to test the bake element.
Before attempting this you need to turn the power to the oven off. If it is an electric oven it will have two switches in the breaker box to turn off prior to this ohm test. If you are not familiar with this operation you may want to have a hands on tech on location with test equipment to carry out this diagnoses.
This is not usually a home handy person fix.
Neilwill, Home Appliance Technician