Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have an LG French Door/Freezer on the bottom refrigerator.

I have an LG French Door/Freezer on the bottom refrigerator. Last night the top part got extremely warm and the electronics (with degree indicator numbers) seemed to have melted and is now hanging down. It also had a burning smell. We unplugged it and plugged it back in, now it seems to be functioning fine. What happened?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

are the indicators out now ? not lit up ?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Indicators are lit up, but the entire device is still hanging down approximatley 1/2 inch like something inside melted and has expanded
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
what has happened is for some reason your lights inside the refrigerator stayed on either because it wasn't shut tight or there a switch issue, was the door left open a bit do you know ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No the door was not open, I have a buzzer that rings
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
okay, you need to pull the control panel down and check the wiring and also check the switch for the light. first look at the control . if nothing is burnt it has to be the lights stayed on, unplug the refrigerator before dropping the control. let me know what you find.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX wait for my husband to check. That was it, we called our local applicance dealer, and he is coming out to replace it. Just to let you know, there had been a recall on that part! So you can tell someone in the future. Thanks for your help Bryan.

Sandy

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
okay, thanks and best wishes , Bryan