John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company
22250861

I have a quasar microwave mqsv115h. The start button is not

I have a quasar microwave mqsv115h. The start button is not reliable. It starts stops start stops and so on. Can it be fixed?
Thanks
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 4 years ago.

Will you please push on the door, while the oven is running, and let me know if it improves its operation?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

pushing on the door did seem to help since when i started, paused and restarted several times it seemed to work ok. But later when i started a new cycle i experienced the same type problems.

thanks

Expert:  John replied 4 years ago.

The most likely cause of your problem is a door safety interlock switch that's misadjusted or worn out of operating specification. There is a switch for each latch hook, and it's usually best to replace them both. They're mounted on the latch assembly that's directly behind the latch hook slots in the door frame. To access it, you need to remove the oven cover wrap.

You can usually find the replacement switch at a good hardware store, but if you can't, go to www.repairclinic.com, enter your model number, and choose switches from the parts type list.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I may have another question once I get into the unit. Will I be able to follow-up with you then? Also, is this a repair I should undertake or am I better off to call an appliance repair person? Thanks again
Expert:  John replied 4 years ago.
If you don't feel comfortable with the idea, it's best you call a local repair person to do the job.