Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

How to change the time cycle of my BOSCH dishwasher?

BOSCH DISHWASHER #  SMU68MO5AU .  I can’t change the time cycle of my dishwasher which was changed by my grandchildren to2hr,10mim. I only use 45mimutes. PLEASE HELP - THANK YOU.

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 5 years ago.

There are no buttons that say Cancel/Drain on it. There is a small line under the buttons that says Cancel/Drain, you have to press two cycle buttons and that activates the cancel drain. All Bosch units are like this. How many buttons are there on your machine?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Can you please check the model # SMU68MO5AU - BOSCH DISHWASHER PURCHASED JULY/2007.

There are no buttons that say Cancel /Drain on this model. There must be another way

PLEASE CHECK.

Trish.

There are not any buttons that say cancel drain on it. There is a small line under the buttons that says Cancel/Drain You have to press two cycle buttons and that activates the cancel drain. All Bosch units are like this. How many buttons are on your machine?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

ANDY - THERE ARESIX SMALL BUTTONS THAT SAY AS FOLLOWS:

Vario speed - Half Load - Intensive Zone.

+ Start in hr - then just a minus sign - Then Hygiene.

I AM SORRY THERE IS NO SMALL LINE UNDER BUTTONS THAT SAY CANCEL/DRAIN.

You would have to be looking at the wrong model.

Please try again. Trish.

Ok, I found your manual. I did not realize that you have a Bosch UK unit. I found the manual and I think we can get this fixed. I need to know which two numbers after the model, it should be the model you gave / __ I need this number because there are some differences in programming for the unit.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

No Andy, there are no numbers after the model No. - It's a LIFESTYLE ****

that's all it has

Sorry I didn't know it was a UK model, they don't tell you this when you purchase these items.

Here is a link to all the SMU68MO5AU models there is a number as you can see how many series there are at the manual link. I have checked a few of them and there are differences for the programming. Check this link out.

At the link you can go to instruction manuals and type in the first 5 characters of your model to see all of them. For some reason the link will not take you directly to the list. But here is the list with links as you can see there are a lot of SMU68M05AU models with specific serial codes

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Sorry Andy , this not going to work, my computer won't bring up your links.

I am sorry that this was so much trouble. I am in the US and the connection has been spotty all day. I hope you can get this taken care of. Here is something I found in the manuals that applied to some of the

Terminating the programme

(Reset)

Press START button 6 for approx.

3 sec.

The numerical display 9 indicates

.

The programme sequence lasts

approx. 1 min.

On the digital display 9 is indicated

.

Switch off ON/OFF switch 1 .