Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

BOSCH DISHWASHER # XXXXX I CANT CHANGE TO TIME CYCLE

Customer Question

BOSCH DISHWASHER # XXXXX
I CAN'T CHANGE TO TIME CYCLE
MY GRANDCHILDREN CHANGED THE TIME CYCLE TO 2HR 10mim
I only use 45mimutes

PLEASE HELP - THANK YOU
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 2 years ago.
On the Bosch dishwasher you can not program times that is all done by the control. You can let it start then look at the buttons. There is a line pointing to two button for Cancel/Drain. Press these two button at the same time and let it complete a cancel cycle. Then select you normal cycle all times are set by the control and can not be programmed. You may have a problem with the control. Let me know what you find out.
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience: Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Can you please check the model # XXXXX - BOSCH DISHWASHER PURCHASED JULY/2007.

There are no buttons that say Cancel /Drain on this model. there must be another way

PLEASE CHECK.

Thish.

There are not any buttons that say cancel drain on it. There is a small line under the buttons that says Cancel/Drain You have to press two cycle buttons and that activates the cancel drain. All Bosch units are like this. How many buttons are on your machine?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ANDY - THERE IS SIX SMALL BOTTONS THAT SAY AS FOLLOWS:

Vario speed - Half Load - Intensive Zone

+ Start in hr - then just a minus sign - Then Hygiene

I AM SORRY THERE IS NO SMALL LINE UNDER BUTTONS THAT SAY CANCEL/DRAIN.

You would have to be looking at the wrong model.

Please try again. Trish

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
Please forward my problem to other technicians
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Andy is there stance of an answer today 16/1/2012, it is now 5.03pm

Thank you, Trish.

Ok, I found your manual I did not realize that you have a Bosch UK unit. I found the manual and I think we can get this fixed. I need to know what two numbers after the model it should be the model you gave / __ I need this number because there are some differences in programming for the unit.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No Andy, there are no numbers after the model No. - It's a LIFESTYLE ****

that's all it has

Sorry I didn't know it was a UK model, they don't tell you this when you purchase these items.

Here is a link to all the SMU68MO5AU models there is a number as you can see how many series there are at the manual link. I have checked a few of them and there are differences for the programming. Check this link out.
At the link you can go to instruction manuals and type in the first 5 characters of your model to see all of them. For some reason the link will not take you directly to the list. But here is the list with links as you can see there are a lot of SMU68M05AU models with specific serial codes
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Andy , this not going to work, my computer won't bring up your links. I have spent all day at this, & I am no further advanced

I am going to cancel this call as we are not on the right track . I don't think we are in the same country.

Regards Trish.

I am sorry that this was so much trouble. I am in the US and the connection has been spotty all day. I hope you can get this taken care of. Here is something I found in the manuals that applied to some of the

Terminating the programme

(Reset)

Press START button 6 for approx.

3 sec.

The numerical display 9 indicates

.

The programme sequence lasts

approx. 1 min.

On the digital display 9 is indicated

.

Switch off ON/OFF switch 1 .

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Andy - I've had enough, I will ring a Service man to come out to the house.

Sorry , I apperciated you trying to help.

Regards Trish.