* Here is a simple test that you can do to determine whether the clock or the touchpad are defective when the display reads F1:
- Disconnect power to the range.
- Gain access to the back of the ERC (electronic range control, or "clock").
- Unplug the touch pad ribbon connector from the ERC. This will be a flat wire about 1 ½" to 2" wide.
- Make sure everything is clear and will not short out when power is turned back on. Replace any covers removed to gain access to the ERC.
- Turn the power back on to the range.
- Watch for the F-1 and listen for the beep.
- If you get the F-1 and beep, replace the ERC.
- If after approximately 60 Minutes you do not get the F-1 fault, replace the touch pad. NOTE:
Some models incorporate the touch pad and the clock control as one part so F1 = bad clock control. Warning:
If you do not feel comfortable doing this test or making this repair please contact a qualified appliance