Neilwill, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  10 years experience appliance repair and installation

The control display on my microwave oven (model NN-E273S has

The control display on my microwave oven (model NN-E273S has stopped working. Is there any easy way to fix this?

Neilwill :

Hello, Thank you for using JustAnswer! If you have any questions after reading my answer,be sure to let me know. Unfortunately the display may be bad and need replacing. But it is most likly not worth the cost of the repair. That could be well over two hundred dollars including the part. I would replace the unit as this is most cost effective in todays market. ( Sorry you are in this situation) A hands on tech technician should be the one to diagnose and repair your microwave. The service fee is approximately $130.00 which includes the labor but not parts.Microwaves contain high-voltage components that can retain a lethal electrical charge of up to 2200 VAC -- even when the microwave is unplugged. Repairs and adjustments, even minor ones such as replacing fuses, can cause microwave leakage. A microwave shielding leakage test should be performed after any microwave service. It is for these safety reasons that we are unable to guide you in microwave repairs and instead recommend scheduling service with a qualified service technician. You can schedule service online with Sears Home Services or by calling 1-800-4-MY-HOME.

Neilwill :

No easy fix. And not a home handy person fix at all. Microwaves are dangerous to open and fix.

Neilwill :

Are you there?

I am. I suspected that there was no easy fix but thought I would check. Thank you for your reply.