Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My gas oven (GE stove) which has an electronic ignition will

My gas oven (GE stove) which has an electronic ignition will not turn on the oven burner. All top burners work great. Model No. is JGBS16GEH3AD, SERIAL NO. VT117313L. Is it worth trying to have it repaired?

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

Well if the problem is the igniter it's only about $30.00 however you would need to test it for voltage to make sure the igniter's the problem, average service call for this job is around $79.00 plus labor at about $30 an hour. This job takes less than an hour and depends on who you call also, Sears will cost you a fortune they are also known as A&E if you call them you to paid twice as much so call a local company if you wish to have this repaired, hope this helps, thanks, Bryan