Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

where is the fuse on the built in; double oven; model number

Customer Question

where is the fuse on the built in; double oven; model number RBD 275PDB2
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

Okay what was the problem with this? Is the clock out completely not lid up no time or anything?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the oven worked yesterday morning and last night dead. No lights on the control panel at all . no lights inside either oven. Looks like no power to me. Checked the house breakers and none were tripped. Thining it is the fuse on the oven but I do not know where it is to check it.

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Well there is a thermal fuse in this, this is what it looks like, this is usually located behind the control panel on the line in, you will need to open up the control panel to see they don't show it on the diagrams, in fact diagrams are extremely vague and don't show much at all, if the thermal fuse is blown you will need to replace it, you can order this at the following link, http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Thermal-Fuse/4451042/589699?modelNumber=RBD275PDB2 also check your wiring to the terminal block what you're the control panel open and make sure a wire hasn't burned on that. If you can't find anything wrong you may have to check for power you should get 220 V across the two outside post on the terminal block, hope this helps, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

so open up the control panel - darwings; diagrams; suggestions on how to do that -- looks like just a few screws.. if the fuse is blown the middle part of it will no longer be connecting both sides, right?

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
That's correct, there are some screws when you open the door that hold the control panel on, facing up going in the bottom, and yes if the thermal fuse is blown it would be on the side that likes the clock because there are two sides to this power 110 on each side, so yes if this is blown it would be one side of your power that is gone the other side goes directly to the elements so the clock being out you would get the other leg of your power.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Last question it appears that I might have to take the trim pieces that run along the sides of both ovens off to get to all the screws that hold the top panel on. Is that the case? the parts drawing is fuzzy on this for me.

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Yes your absolutely correct, there are screws running down that trim piece on each side once you have the screws out pull the trim piece out at the bottom easy to get it loose and then slide it down to release it from the control panel, do not pull them straight out but you will break the control panel piece it's plastic. Then you will see the screws to remove the control panel, sorry I did mention that, have a great day, thanks, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok -- got them off -- seems that plastic was broken before i got there. the fuse looks good -- the metal is not broken. will check for power across the back. thanks

i'll push the green button

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Thank you, you really can't tell if the fuse is blown you have to test it for continuity. These fuses blow inside so you don't see it just so you know, thanks, Bryan