Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Kitchen Aid Pro Line Dual Fuel Range: I cant open the door.

Kitchen Aid Pro Line Dual Fuel Range: I can't open the door. I was cleaning the front and may have turned the knob to "Clean"
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

Okay. Try putting this back in self clean and let it run for about 5 min. then shut it off, see if this unlocks then . Let me know, thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Okay talk when that's done.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

If this works, I'll pay you. We are supposed to have people over for dinner so you would be the hero! After 5 minutes, should I turn the knob to "Reset" or hit the "Cancel" button? Thanks.

Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Okay John after about 5 min. hit cancel, don't touch anything else after that just let it cancel and hopefully it unlocks, you wouldn't happen to have the model number on this would you? If this has a drawer in the bottom open the drawer in this should be a tag, just in case I need to pull up diagrams and parts.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No drawer. I think the model number is XXXXX the inside. When I turn the knob to "Clean", I get a flashing "CLn" on the display. It doesn't seem to go into the cleaning cycle even if I hit the "Enter" button. (First attempt didn't work).

Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Okay you turn the knob to clean did you turn the other knob on the thermostat all the way around to clean also? I can't be absolutely sure what's on yours because I don't have a model number so it kind have to tell me what the knobs say, does this also have a digital clock? If so when you turn the knob to clean does it come up blank on the digital clock where you have to put in time for how long it's supposed to self clean?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ok that worked. You can tell I don't clean the oven often. Thanks. Again
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Okay great I'm glad to hear it! Please don't forget to press accept button and if you can leave some positive feedback if possible, thanks and have a great dinner party, well wishes, Bryan