Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a Whirlpool dishwasher Mod#DU945PWSQ0. I cant get the

I have a Whirlpool dishwasher Mod#DU945PWSQ0. I can't get the "Start" button to activate to the dishwasher. So of the other lights such as "Hi Temp" and "Heated Dry" will come on, but not all the time. But no matter what I do, I can't start the dishwasher. It was power, and I reset the breaker.

Anything else I can look at?

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

give me a few minutes to look up the board reset procedure. I'll be back shortly.

press "Heated dry, high temp wash, heated dry, high temp wash, heated dry, high temp wash" All the lights will flash at which point you can press cancel to reset the board.

if you don't have a heated dry button use air dry or energy saver dry

try the board reset, let me know if it works.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Use the procedure you sent. Didn't work. The "High Temp Wash" and "Heated Dry" lights would come on as I pressed them, but after I finshed, all the lights did not flash, indicating a reset.

Tried this a few times.

okay, thats not good, let me pull up the tech sheets, be back in a bit, thanks, Bryan
are any lights blinking constantly ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No. At one point yesterday, the dishwasher stopped in the middle of a cycle, and needed to be drained. I pressed the cancel button and the washer drained, but after that, I couldn't restart it. I can press certain buttons and the lights will come on steady, such as "Normal Wash", and "Hi Temp Wash". If I hit cancel, the lights will go off, and won't come back until I open and close the door. Certain buttons, no matter what I do, won't come on, such as the "Pot & Pans" button
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
One thing also - When I close the door, I will hear the normal click on the door latching, but also another click toward the right side of the control panel. After about 3 secs, I will hear another click.

Don't know if this is relevent.
Okay that's what I thought, your main control board has failed very common on these, this is located in the control panel, you can order this at the following link if you wish, thanks and best wishes, have a great weekend, Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I removed the front panel and disconnected the wires from the control board, reseated everything, and reconnected the wires back and now everything works. Thanks for your help.
Wow that's great you board must've scrambled and when you unplug it and reconnect the wires it reset. Usually you can do that with the reset program I showed you but that's good work! If it happens again try taking some HQ contact cleaner you can get it at Lowe's and spray the ribbon neck comes from the touch pad to the control, it may have had some dirt on it and when you plugged it back in it reconnected, that's a rare occurrence but it does happen and hopefully you won't have to do that again, thanks very best wishes and have a great weekend, Bryan