Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Maytag Washer has power but will not start

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

FL is a flood code, and PF is a power failure code, let me look up your machine and I'll be back in just a little bit, thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok will wait
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Okay you need to check your drain pump first in this, a lot of times on this particular pump if you get a coin in there it will flip up in block the water from draining correctly which will cause that code, you will need to remove the back panel to get to this, you can see the panel number 13 and be careful these are rather shop edges so try not to cut yourself make sure there's nothing obstructing the pumpAppliancePartsPros.com | Cabinet - Rear replacement parts for Maytag MAH5500BWW Washer - Horizontal Axis
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't think anything is blocking the pump. do I need to take the pump apart I don't feel anything in the hose. will the water coming flowing out every where
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
If this has a lot of water in it and it didn't drain then yes water will come flowing out so get towels ready, does it seem to be draining? Can you tell if there's any water in it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes, there is water in it. It started to work and the door would not lock and then that is when the code showed up and it will not start up again. There is a lot of water in there right now. The reason I replaced the gasket is that it was leaking water, could this also be fromt the pump.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Okay is the door not locking now? Or is the door working right? Does it lock and does the lock light come on on panel?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Bryan, I found a book in side the machine when I took off the panel. It gave me some trouble shooting items and I followed it on the door lock, it seems to be washing now, I think. It sounds like it is washing and the door lock light is now coming on.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
That's fantastic, hopefully keeps running without any issues, if it doesn't you can come back if you need more information. Some of these machines have the troubleshooting guides inside that's good you found that some don't so you got lucky on that so that's great. Let me know if I can assist you in any other way, good job, thanks, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for being there. I have to fix the dryer next so if I need you how can I get just you?
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Yes You can just request me, if you put my name in the header post no one else should take the question either, Thanks, Bryan