Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I was given a Danby freezer which is fairly new and worked

I was given a Danby freezer which is fairly new and worked well. I can't seem to get it to work at all. It doesn't seem to get cold no matter what setting it is on. I am hoping it is a simple fix otherwise I will call a repair man.
Thank you
Darlene Logan
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

Can you tell if the compressor is actually running? Can you feel it and tell me if it's hot warm or cold? Also is it vibrating or is it just the fan that's running?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I am really not sure. Right now it feels cool and is humming - it is vibrating slightly. The floor feels warm under the motor.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Okay that's not a good sign if it feels like it's vibrating slightly it means it's running. This is most likely a Freon issue which is actually a sealed system issue and would need to be addressed by an HVAC technician by law. You most likely have a Freon leak. Sometimes it can be a simple leak to fix others it could be very expensive so you need to have an HVAC technician look at this unfortunately. You will put gauges on it and check the Freon, that's about all you can do at this point, sorry for the bad news, thanks, Bryan