Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a Sears electric range; Model No. 790.92684302; S/N

I have a Sears electric range; Model No. 790.92684302; S/N VF41622586. Turned on oven yesterday & heard a loud pop and electrical smell. Oven does not operate, nor does display in center of range. Stove top works fine.
Element in oven looks O.K.; removed back panel; no apparent damage to components.
Any ideas?

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

So the clock is not lighting up at all in this now? The display?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Brian, My name isXXXXX clock nor anything else in the center display panel is lit.

Okay that's not good, it means the range control has blown a relay, sometimes you can see it on the back of the clock itself where it has burned, but not always but you will need to replace this unfortunately, here is a link to a you can order it, this is very common on these. There is no fuse in these that would blow the power goes directly to the clock, hope this helps, thanks, Bryan