Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have an Amana side by side with an ice / water dispenser

I have an Amana side by side with an ice / water dispenser in the freezer door. Everything was working fine. I purchased a new filter as usual. When I unscrewed the existing filter I heard a very loud rumbling sound from with in the freezer. I installed the new filter and no water came out. I can hear the motor running when I depress the water button. Over a short period of time water pressure will build up and water will squirt out when I depress the button, but it slows to just drops within a few seconds. When I depress the water button I can hear that same loud sound in the freezer that I heard when I unscrewed the filter. I tried this with the filter off to put it in bypass mode, and I get the same situation. What shall I do

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

Can you get us the full model number? Look inside the refrigerator section either on one of the side walls or on the ceiling. Thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi Bryan... I am at my office right now. As soon as my wife gets home, or I may go home for lunch, I will get the info to you. Thank you for your patience. Joe
your welcome talk later, thanks ,Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Lsd2615heb. Model number
Okay great there is a grill along the bottom front of the refrigerator if you remove that grill there will be a connector between the plastic line that goes up in the door and the plastic line the comes from under the refrigerator, can you disconnect that and put it in a bucket the part that comes from under the refrigerator and then press the button and tell me if water comes out?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
How does it disconnect.

I can't get it apart
Okay this is a quick connect, all you have to do is pushed the little ring was on each side that go around the line towards the center and pull the hose out very simple. You can see the little white rings on each end. Let me know when you get it apart you really only have to take off the side that goes under the refrigerator sometimes you need to pushed the line in and then pushed the little ring in and pull the line out
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Got it. Depressed water button and got a slight trickle from tube. Then just drips
Okay what happened was when you change the filter you increase the pressure through the main water valve and most likely that pressure sent particles from the water into the valve and gummed it up, unfortunately you would need to replace the valve to repair this problem. You can take them apart, this is the valve. And here is a link where you can order it, valve this will take care of your issue, this valve is right where your water line connects in the back of the refrigerator and the line comes out of the valve the same way it came out of that connector, thanks very best wishes, Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

HI Bryan... Got a follow up question. I installed the new part as instructed and it went smoothly, but it did not fix the problem. Same symptoms same issue. Pressure seems to build up and water squirts are hard at first, the drips. The water line from the wall shakes and vibrates. The tube from the part that goes up into the fridge I can see water with air bubbles slowly moving through it. Ice is functioning fine. Where should I look now? I'm at work, so I will not actually be able to look at the fridge until this evening.

Thanks, Joe Connors

sorry Joe I was out of town, I will be here most of the day however, get back to me when u can. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thats OK Bryan. I'm away now, back in a couple of days. It seems that it may not be making ice now. I'll have to double check that. Can I contact you in a day or two? Thank you,

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hey Bryan, wondering if you were on line. I'm home working on the fridge.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hey Bryan, Joe here, Just wondering if you were around so I could ask a couple
more questions on my Amanna Fridge. Still no water. It is making some ice, but
not the same volume as before. What do you think I should look at next?
Hi Joe. still no water comming through the door ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Not at the time I e-mailed you, but it is now working. I kept tinkering with it and finally called a local parts place and ended up have a service tech come. Turns out the filter was bad. I don't understand it at all. He put another filter in and it worked fine. I never would have thought it was the filter. But it is making Ice and cold water again like normal. So it is all good. Thank you for getting back to me. I ran out of patients with the darn thing. Thanks, Joe
wow and that was a new filter ? sorry I would have never thought that either.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ya, it was new. I've been buying those for years for the unit in my home and at my office and never had a problem. Never thought for a moment it could be that. I should have put the old one back in just to see what would have happened, but again. Never considered it being the filter. Oh well.
sorry Joe, I should have thought of that. well have a good weekend . and thanks. Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No Problem Bryan. You do the same. Joe
thanks Joe