Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

my whirlpool cabrio washer has a knocking noisewhen the washer

my whirlpool cabrio washer has a knocking noisewhen the washer basket is going back and forth during the wash cycles. the rest of the cycles are normal and the machine works perfectly otherwise
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 2 years ago.

Hi, my name is Chas, I am hoping that I will be able to help you with your problem today..

Not happening in the spin cycle? WIll it knock with the unit empty?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes
Expert:  Chas replied 2 years ago.
Yes it does knock in spin or only during agitate and empty????
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
only during agitate
Expert:  Chas replied 2 years ago.
Does your cabrio have the agitator or a wash plate in the bottom of it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes, in the bottom
Expert:  Chas replied 2 years ago.
Can you send me the model number of the unit, this should be inside the lid area of the machine..
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

model # WTW6700TW1

serial # CW4670449

Expert:  Chas replied 2 years ago.
Does the knocking begin as soon as it starts agitating or a little bit later?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
As soon as it starts agitating.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

do you think you can remove the wash plate ? heres a diagram. part # XXXXX

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I probably can.

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay usually its a worn hub or wash plate itself, let me know when you get to it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Bryan,

Sorry to say I don't have the tools, the self-assurance, nor the expertise to go as far as your diagrams show. Could you please tell me approximately what it would cost to have an expert come in and repair either the worn hub or the replace the wash plate.

Thank you

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Well the wash plate runs around $45, the pump pieces are cheap depending on which one, some of the pump parts are only like $10 or less, but I'm not sure what's worn on yours, it could be that is just something under the hub itself or the wash plate, you may have something under there thats making it knock, the usual service call is around $79 plus labor so even if the wash plate was worn and needed to be replaced job should be under $150, sorry you weren't able to take this apart, have a great weekend, thanks, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.