Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My Whirlpool Quiet Partner II just quit working in the middle

My Whirlpool Quiet Partner II just quit working in the middle of a wash. There is water in the base. There is no light on the control panel. None of the controls respond including the cancel, restart, etc. I tried the breaker and even unplugged the washer and plugged it into another socket.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

Is if you open the door there will be a model number tag on one of the side walls can you get me that model number? Thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for your help. The number is XXXXX
The problem glad to help. What has happened is your thermal overload or what's called the thermal fuse has failed, this is a very common issue it happens a lot in these this is what it looks like it's located in the control panel itself, number four on this diagram, you can test it for continuity but I'm pretty sure this is your issue, I'm giving you a link to show you how to test this for continuity with a voltmeter, you can also order the thermal fuse there if you wish, if you have any further questions please don't hesitate to ask, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I though it had to be a fuse or overload protector of some kind. Thanks