Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a Frigidaire Electrolux side by side refrigerator freezer.

I have a Frigidaire Electrolux side by side refrigerator freezer. Model #
As of Dec. 28th it was working fine, I came home from a 5 day vacation to find it freezing various items on the refrigerator side like milk, various jars but not everything, it seemed to be happening particularly at the level of the upper shelves.
We tried decreasing the temp but that did not help, water seemed to be streaming periodically out of the filter, we shut off the water, bought a new filter and the water streaming stopped but I notice this morning the milk is freezing again. What could be the problem?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

Your problem is your cold control and damper assembly which is very common on this particular model, this controls the airflow from the freezer to the refrigerator section and is electronic, the cold control opens the damper assembly electronically, you will need to order and replace this. Is the part that runs along the side of the refrigerator section along the top left side, you can order this at the following link, damper control assembly thanks and best wishes, Bryan