Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I just bought used, whirlpool dryer 937KWh, model YwED5700SWO,

I just bought used, whirlpool dryer 937KWh, model YwED5700SWO, serial #MT3904109. Can u tell me how old it is and why it does not put out any heat....could moving it in a trailer have jarred there some kind of test to see if it needs a heat doesnt look that old and in perfect condition....well....sort I would try this before using the 1-800 number.....

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

Okay first off to you have a voltmeter? Would you be a lot check continuity on a few parts if I told you what to do? Let me know, thanks, Bryan

In the meantime I will see if I can find the age for you.

the model # XXXXX XXXXX this to be a 1987 model. does it seem that old ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No on the voltmeter but can borrow one....also I just noticed that the timer button didnt run down...I set it for 20min as a test for heat...No on the age....looks more like around 2005-6...the lady I bought it from said it was 6yrs old and been sitting for 3.
okay after looking at another it site does say this could be a 1987 or 2006 so I guess yours would be a 2006 model, here's the code, S = 1987 or 2006 it's the third number from the end of the model number that gives you the age, so that's good it's a new a model, does this timer not time down even in the timed cycle or just the automatic cycle?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It was in the timed cycle, I am trying the auto cycle now...hang in there Bryan....
sure no problem.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Well it doesnt look like the timer is working...FYI- my old dryer was wired direct...with this one I wired a box to take the plug the dryer already had..I dont think i did anything wrong cause the drum spins and the light comes on when the door is open.....
When you wired the new box for the plug is it a four wire or three wire?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
4wire- red, white, black and a bare ground wire...I wired the ground to the new plug but not to the box itself.
Okay your red and black are the two main power lines 120 V each, they should be wired on the two outside one's on the plug, did the dryer already have the cord connected when you got it? Check and make sure that the black and the red are on the outside terminals the white one in the middle and the green ground should be granted to the body of the dryer is that how it is?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
...this could be my problem...I followed the wiring directions on the back if the box the new plug came in...this is what I on the bottom, white on the left, red on top and ground on the right....
I believe that is your issue, the black and red need to be on the two outside one's and if it's not this will not heat even though it will run you not getting power on both sides to the heater therefore it won't advance or heat. Try that and I'll bet it'll run, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks Bryan...where is the green button so u can get it the "Accept Answer"? u live near Bristol...I go there every Aug. to nascar.....
I live about 45 min. from Bristol, I've been to a NASCAR race there, hit was cold it was one of the spring races raining too LOL anyway the green button should be there, unfortunately I will be here in August this year I'm moving to Florida , thanks and best wishes, Bryan