Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a Maytag self cleaning range (ModelMER5775QAB). We ran

I have a Maytag self cleaning range (ModelMER5775QAB). We ran the self clean and the door remained locked. We waited another hour and it still didn't open.
Please advise.
Henry
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

The latch assembly has failed in this, luckily on this model you are able to get to it to at least release it from the back of the range if you pull away from the wall, the lock motor assembly is actually in the back and as you can see by the picture it runs to the front with the hook is, you will need to pull the range away from the wall unplug it and release the latch from behind. Then you will need to order and replace it, you will need to remove the Rod from the motor assembly to release the latch, here is a link where you can order the part, http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Door-Lock-Motor-and-Switch-Assembly/74008702/1034977 the range will not run until you replace the lock assembly but if you remove the motor you can turn the cam by hand and get the switch in the right position to use it until the part comes in, hope this helps, thanks, Bryan