Repairman1981
Repairman1981, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  7 years Repairing Appliances, Factory Trained in Several Major Brands
41736587

I have a Fisher & Paykel washer. It is leaking water through

I have a Fisher & Paykel washer. It is leaking water through the bottom. The water drips down from the motor and the little agitator fan. Can I fix this? What part do I need/
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Repairman1981 replied 2 years ago.

Repairman1981 :

This is just a leaky drain pump seal

Repairman1981 :

You should UNPLUG immediately, and stop using it until fixed

Repairman1981 :

The pump is around 100 bucks, and if you keep running it and blow the board you are looking at doubling that number and then some

Repairman1981 :

However the pump is VERY VERY easy to change. You just lean back at a 45 degree angle and there is a tab you lift, and rotate the pump out

Repairman1981 :

This is all you have to do, then rotate the new one back in

Repairman1981 :

VERY easy takes me less than 2 mins

Customer:

How do I get the seal?

Repairman1981 :

You replace the whole pump (the seal is built into the pump)

Repairman1981 :

420325P is the part number

Repairman1981 :

You can call fisher paykel directly

Repairman1981 :

It's available from www.letstalkservice.com/fisherpaykelparts.html for 99.99

Repairman1981 :

I think it's a BIT cheaper from fisher and paykel directly

Customer:

Thanks!

Repairman1981 :

No problem, lemme know if you need anything else. Thanks!

Repairman1981 :

Have a great rest of your evening

Repairman1981 :

Please do remember to leave feedback after clicking accept. Thanks!

Customer:

Will do. Hope you had a Merry Christmas. You're in New Zealand, right? Its 11:27pm here.

Repairman1981 :

Actually I'm in nashville, Tennessee

Repairman1981 :

It's 12:25 here :)

Customer:

Get some sleep! God bless you!

Repairman1981 :

And I did ..... it was short but nice (service never slows down)

Repairman1981 :

About to head off to bed, was just about to sign off when I saw your question come in

Customer:

Goodnight from me.

Repairman1981 :

I'm one of the few fisher paykel techs on here .... didn't want you waiting for days

Experience: 7 years Repairing Appliances, Factory Trained in Several Major Brands