Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a Maytag Performance dryer. Model PYE2300AYW. While

I have a Maytag Performance dryer. Model PYE2300AYW. While drying a load of clothes last night, the dryer stopped and will not restart. It had just dried a load of clothes successfully. I have tried all the cycles and flipped the curcuit breaker and it didnot make a difference.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

So when you set the control and press the start button nothing happens at all? If so you have blown the thermal fuse, well you didn't the dryer did, this comes in a kit it's a very common failure, in this kit there are three thermostats, the reason there are three is because this kit covers both gas and electric dryers yours is electric, it comes with instructions and you need to replace it,in your case you will be using the blue and the pink dot thermostats in the kit, his a link to a you can order them, we replace a ton of these, it's a very common failure. It's located under the top and the very back behind the drum on the side of the heater, there are two clips about 3 inches in from each side between the top and the front panel you need to push those in with a putty knife to lift the top the top will hinge back and you can lean against the wall, make sure the dryer is unplugged, hope this helps, thanks, Bryan