Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

My Magtag washer worked fine I removed the clothes and the

My Magtag washer worked fine I removed the clothes and the next load the washer will not fill with water. Yes, the power is okay we checked that. The switches feel like they usually do when turning them but no water. What do you think?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

Is this both hot and cold that's not filling? Do you hear any buzz at all coming from the valve area?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
There is no sound whatsoever.. The only sound we have noticed is when the lild is opened the little button at the back of the lid clicks.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Okay so the machine is completely dead basically? The problem is with the lid switch assembly, they used several different types of lid switch assemblies in these machines but I believe yours is this one. This is located up in the control panel, it has a fuse in it if the fuse is blown then the lid switch assembly needs to be replaced, replace the fuse use it doesn't fix it usually one of the switches a causes the fuse to blow, you can order this at the following link, http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Lid-Switch-Assembly/22001682/1468?modelNumber=LAT8614ABE this will take care of the issue, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi Bryan..Thanks for the help. If we replace what you recommend what will stop it from blowing again if the trouble is in one of the switches? Should we be looking at replacing this washer due to its age?
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Well if you replaced it should be fine we do a lot of these, the switches just get older and they are instead of connecting like they should and so the fuse will blow, as far as replacing the washer that's up to you these are pretty good washers and don't have a lot of serious problems some of the new ones however you will have a lot of problems with because they have too many electronics parts in them, if you do decide to buy a new washer I would go with a whirlpool top load direct drive simple one know frills, in just a turn dial type timer, those of the most reliable on the market today. Thanks and best wishes, Bryan