Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

We are getting an EE error on our Maytag MAh6700A* and cant

We are getting an EE error on our Maytag MAh6700A* and can't find wht this means, do you know?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

I you sure it's an EE error code? That's not coming up on any of the error lists I have, when did this happen while you were running it? Do you know what cycle if so?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

We can't find the EE code either, it happens when we shut the door, brings to fill and then stops and the code comes up

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Okay, since is coming up in the beginning of the cycle sounds like the control board has failed, if the control board fails it could send a signal that makes no sense. Does it fill completely with water or is it just start filling and then stops? Does it stopped just before it starts to agitate?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

starts about 3 seconds and shuts off

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
starts to fill for about 3 seconds, does not agitate
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
How much water actually enters the machine before this happens? I'm going to have to do some research and see if I can't dig up this code and find out what's going on with it. I have the service tech manuals somewhere here I will see if I can find it and take it from there, it has all the extra codes and errors in the manual itself, this may take a little while so just hang in there and I will be back as soon as I can, thanks, Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

Do you think you can put this into service mode? Below is instructions on how.

Enter / Exit Service Mode
To enter Service Mode press the Chime and Extra
Rinse keys for 3 seconds or until the control beeps.
NOTE: The washer must be ‘ON' before Service
Mode can be entered.
The motor speed will be displayed when started
(motor not running display will be "0"). The present
state of the machine will not be changed (i.e., the
current cycle in progress will not be interrupted and
only the display will change). All LED's will be turned
‘OFF' except the Door Lock LED; it will continue to
display the condition of the door lock.
To exit Service Mode:
1) Press Chime and Extra Rinse keys for 3 seconds
again, or
2) Press Power Off button, or
3) Unplug the machine.
To pause while in Service Mode:
Pressing the Rotary Cycle Selector knob while
running a test will pause the individual test.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok,we will try this now and let you know.

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Do we have to do anything while the machine is in service mode?

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
did it go into service mode ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes and now it is working

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
its running right now ? or just the diagnostic mode ? do you the diagnostic tests?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes it is running, he took it out of service mode

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Okay great! The board must've scrambled, this happens occasionally so that's good news. Good job! I hope of been of some service and if you have any further questions after you press accept you have 30 days to come back at no additional cost. Thanks very best wishes, Bryan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your help will accept answer.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
thanks, XXXXX XXXXX a great day ! Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.