Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Crosley gas dryer unit starts fine has heat for 5-10 min. then

Crosley gas dryer unit starts fine has heat for 5-10 min. then cools. Took unit apart, and1)Checked ohm readings on ignitor-got 65(unit clean and pitless2) checked ohms on gas solenoids-1265 each 3) Flame sensor checked for continuity-ok 4_ checked operating thermo- coninuity ok. 5)checked continuity hi-lo both units-ok 5) Removed fan shroud housing-no lint6) Checked vent tube-clear all way outside w good flow. Does this sound like a timer issue?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

Do you have the full model number?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
CGDS563RB1
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Do you know if the igniter is coming back on and trying to relight the burner?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Do not know
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.

Okay, on this diagram number 36 is a little plastic cap you can Popoff it just snaps in. Remove that let the dryer run and after it shuts off tell me if the igniter comes back on and glows you can see it through this hole that's what is there for, remove the little And let it run and see if the igniter is coming back on after it stops give it a few minutes and watch it. Let me know, thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The dryer always spins, and is not being shut-off. It simply starts nice, and hot hot-runs(SPINS) and generates heat just find on theTIMED CYCLE-HI TEMP SETTING , and within 5 mins the dum is cool, but it is still spinning
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Okay well I would say it's the timer problem like you think it is,. This happens in both timed and automatic cycle? You said you checked everything else so I'm going by what you say. I just wanted to know if the igniter was still coming back on after it does shut off and cools, it sounds to me like the contacts in the timer are overheating and arcing and not making good contact so the dryer will not relight, most of the time is the gas coils even though you checked them you can't be sure once they get hot whether they change the resistance and cannot open the valve again, if it lights once we know the igniter is good and we know the flame sensor is good and the thermostats so it's down to either the gas coils or the timer, the gas coils are cheaper to replace so you may want to try them first it wouldn't hurt because these do go bad after a few years anyway, I hope this helps, thanks, Bryan