Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I cleaned the top of my gas stove (model KGRS807SBLOO) and

Customer Question

I cleaned the top of my gas stove (model KGRS807SBLOO) and now I get an error code
"F2E1 Stuck/shorted key". I tried turning the circuit breaker off for 5 minutes several times, but the error code reappears after a few seconds of turning the breaker back on.
Thank you,
John Godfrey
Anchorage, Alaska
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

The shorted key is in the keypad itself, it's not very good because you need to replace the keypad in order to fix this, that error is telling you that one of your keys that you pushed to set the oven or clock or any one of those is either sticking or shorted which means it's sending a signal to your board when it's not supposed to, let me look up the keypad for you . I'll be back shortly.

Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Does that mean I have to get a technician to come here and fix it?
I can't believe that just cleaning the stove top can break the keypad. I didn't use water, just some cleanser and a damp sponge.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
How old is this range? All of my databases are telling me the part is no longer available and I can even get the part number I will keep trying however. Can you tell me if this is an older range? It doesn't seem to be because the controls in the front and it looks like maybe 5 or 6 years old but I can't tell really by the diagrams, the diagrams to come up but there are no part numbers because they say no longer available, let me know how old this is, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I think I got it 3 or 4 years ago.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Okay that's what I thought it didn't look that old I know the style and yours is a new a model it's funny though they are not showing the touchpad (keypad) part number. Although I have seen this before I think what maybe going on is if these were prone to failure which I have replace quite a few of these in the past they may have discontinued them because of the cost. They do that quite a bit although I still don't know how much it is let me do a little dig and I'll be back to you shortly, thanks, Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Okay I located the part but the part number is actually the companies part number and not the manufacturers part number so you won't be able to cross-reference it, if you click this link it will take you to a you can order the keypad, http://www.pcappliancerepair.com/part-detail.php?sku=9761566&brand=WPL I hope this helps, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Realistically, I probably wouldn't be capable of fixing it myself, but I appreciate any advice you can give me.
thanks,
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
You're welcome John, I wish there was more I could do for you unfortunately I can't, the only thing I can do is tell you where to get the part at this point, but that least you know it is available it just might be a matter of waiting for the part after the technician comes out, one thing you can tell him is to try taking some HQ contact cleaner and cleaning the contacts on the ribbon from the touch pad to the clock and see if that remedies the problem this at 3 in 10 chance it may but I wouldn't get my hopes up on that but it wouldn't hurt to try, thanks and very best wishes for a happy new year, Bryan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Bryan
Happy New Year to you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hey Bryan,
I touched some of the numbers on the keypad yesterday and the oven started working again. Now everything works fine. I'm guessing that the inside of the keypad finally dried out.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
thats good news John ! have a great day ! thanks Bryan