Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Cabrio dryer doesnt heat up

Cabrio dryer doesnt heat up
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

Can you open the door and get me the full model number? It should be on a tag right inside the door, thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
WGD6400SW1 also my wife put a really large load of nearly dry fleece blankets and a pair of wet jeans in on the first load that didn't work. (her daughter is in Labor right now so I don't think she's quite thinking about what she's doing :) wondered if it triggered some safety shutoff sensor or something
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Okay, let me take a look at your model and we will see what we can do, give me a few minutes and I'll get back to you as soon as I can, thanks, Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Okay the first thing I would have you do is see if the igniter is coming on. On this diagram I need you to remove part number 34 it's a little plastic cap on the left side of the machine looking from the front just below the door, it just pops off I want you to take it off and look through the hole start the machine and see whether the igniter glows, does it turn bright red or orange you will be able to see it if it does, just let me know if the igniter comes on, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I tried it in Normal mode and timed dry mode and don't seem to see anything red or orange or any light at all.

Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Okay so no orange light inside their at all? It seems your igniter is not coming on there are several reasons this could happen, the igniter itself could be faulty or it could be the flame sensor, the flame sensor senses the brightness of the igniter and then opens the gas valve, however if this sensor is not working the igniter won't even start to glow, do you have a voltmeter and know how to check power to the igniter if I told you how? This would require taking the machine apart however are you able to do that? The front would have to come off. Let me know, thanks, Bryan