Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

my Whirlpool dishwasher has the green blinking light telling

my Whirlpool dishwasher has the green blinking light telling us to contact a plumber/electrician to see to the problem. Is there a quick way to check on the drain, or to clean a filter before spending money on the repair person?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

Is the light blinking seven times and then repeating?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes. It blinks seven times then repeats.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

okay , I want you to try a board reset follow these instructions and tell me if the dishwasher resets,

press "Heated dry, high temp wash, heated dry, high temp wash, heated dry, high temp wash" All the lights will flash at which point you can press cancel to reset the board. If the error comes back then replace the element, the only other possibility is the board itself is bad.

if you don't have a heated dry button use air dry or energy saver dry

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok..I'll give it a try. I have never used this site before. Do I need to purchase the month of questions? Is that what you mean by accept? I will do that. Also, if the washer wasn't rinsing well before the light went on, is that an indication of a clogged drain, or something I can fix?
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Okay if the dishwasher wasn't rinsing well they could be a heater problem or a board problem but hopefully when you try the reset it will reset and run correctly sometimes the board can cause this issue, you don't need to purchase the month of questions just this one if you wish whatever you paid for this question you will be charged that and that is all and if you need another question answered a future date then you would need to put another deposit down I'm not quite sure how that part works though you can ask JA about that, thanks, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.