Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a constant water leak from the freezer side of my admiral

I have a constant water leak from the freezer side of my admiral side by side American fridge freezer. Water is running down the back of the freezer from the bottom of the grill, re-freezing in the bottom of the freezer to form an ice block in the bottom of the freezer and leaking out through the bottom of the freezer door leaving a sizeable pool under the freezer two to three times a day. I have looked for a hole somewhere in the fridge or freezer side to unblock but can't find anything.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

without a model number it's hard for me to get you diagrams but the problem is your defrost drain is clogged, these refrigerators going to defrost every eight hours and the water from the defrost is suppose to run down a drain to a pan below the refrigerator where it evaporates, that's exactly why this is happening to you like you said three times a day which is every eight hours so we know the problem for sure, what you need to do is remove the panel inside the freezer behind your food with that grill area is you were talking about and pour boiling water underneath the coils in the center with the drain hole is most likely are not going to see the drain hole because it will be covered with ice , pour the boiling water over the ice until it all melts and the drain starts to drain freely, once that is done your problem will be solved, get some towels to stop up the water as it cools and pour more hot water on it until it finally clears the drain, thanks and best wishes, Bryan