Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Have a 2 year old Whirlpool Cabrio washer, model WTW6400SW3,

Customer Question

Have a 2 year old Whirlpool Cabrio washer, model WTW6400SW3, S/N CW971795, all the settings work normally except the cleaning cycle. It starts out showing 60 minute cycle operates down to about 56 minutes and a the draining starts, the timer goes to 2 minutes, followed shortly by 1 minute then says done. There is always some water left. No fault codes are shown and I have tried to unplug a few times to reset the boards.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

your drain pump is not working correctly, it's not draining all the water which doesn't allow the water level switch to reset, the machine will stop and not spin because of this, you need to check your drain pump, give me a few minutes to get you a link to a video that shows you how to access it and you can check it for a clog, if it's not clogged you need to replace the drain pump, I will be back shortly thanks, Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Okay I have the video here and the link I am sending you will also take you to a you can purchase the pump, here's the link, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi Bryan, All the other cycles except the CLEAN cycle do completely drain the tub. I'm only having an issue with this one function.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Okay sorry just reread that, the issues the control board, I was open it was the simpler fix for you but unfortunately from what you're saying it's the control board that's bad, you can order this at the following link and you need to replace it. sorry about the confusion, thanks and great weekend, Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
That's what I was thinking too. Thanks.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Yeah I'm sorry I misread your first response, the control board controls everything and if it runs normal in every other cycle it means the control board for the clean is not working correctly, thanks and have a great weekend, Bryan