Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

We bought new bigger dinner plates that are somewhat deeper

We bought new bigger dinner plates that are somewhat deeper than the old ones. They do not stay upright in our dishwasher and fall against one another. Have already chipped a couple of them. It looks like it would help if we could extend the existing tines. The existing tines are in good shape. The dishwasher is a Quiet Power 3 that is almost 5 years old. Purchased in Feb 2007. Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Are you asking if they sell extensions for the tines?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes, I guess tine extensions would be the solution. I am attaching a photo that shows the problem. The tines are too short so plates tip forward into each other. Sorry for the size of the photo. graphic
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
I checked it everywhere I know and all my databases and I cannot find that any extension tines for that, I couldn't even find a different rack that had longer tines, unless you would to do something yourself I'm not sure anything can be done for that except wash the dishes by hand or at least the plates so you don't damage them, sorry I tried, thanks, Bryan