Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I was having problem with frost in my freezer and the refrigerator

I was having problem with frost in my freezer and the refrigerator was not cooling. I removed the back panel partially and used a hair dryer to remove the frost. The freezer is now working properly , however, the refrigerator is only cooling at the bottom. There is no frost in the refrigerator.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

How long has it been since you defrosted it and put this back on? Did you defrost all of the coils completely.? Is the fan running in the freezer correctly?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have not checked the freezer fan. I could not get the panel all the way off for fear of doing damage to the refrigerator.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
okay well you need to remove the panel completely and defrost the entire coil system, there's not enough airflow going over the coils because if you only defrost what you could reach with the panel partially off you didn't get all of Frost, what trouble you having getting the panel out?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I removed the six screws, took the shelves out, but the panel would not pass by the retainers for the shelves.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Okay you need to remove the retainer clips for the shelving in order to get the back out completely, there are screws holding the retainer is in Phillips head screws, you need to remove the rails in order to get the back out completely, this can be a pain in the neck but you need to have completely defrost the coils in order for this to run correctly and also make sure you return at the bottom inside the freezer between the freezer in the refrigerator section is clear of frost and ice, once you get that done this will run correctly there's just not enough airflow, hope this helps, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Do you have a diagram/schematic of the inside of the freezer?
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
If you click this link it will take you to all the available diagrams for your refrigerator. diagrams