Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

ED22QF refrigerator. Ice dispenser wont turn. I just replaced

ED22QF refrigerator. Ice dispenser won't turn. I just replaced solenoid with a new one and still doesn't work. I was able to bypass solenoid on bench and hook 120 VAC directly to motor and confirmed the motor runs. Is there another switch involved in the door. I installed again with with everything installed, tried using the door control and the motor didn't run
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So.... why did you replace the solenoid? Do you even know what that solenoid does?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I thought because I got the motor to run the only other problem would be with the solenoid, but I was wrong.
that solenoid only changes the dispenser from dispensing crushed ice and cubed ice. It has nothing to do with whether or not it's dispensing ice at all or not.

If the motor runs when you connect 120 volts to it but it won't run when you push the paddle in on the front of your door, then your micro switch inside the dispenser isn't sending power to the motor and it needs to be ordered and replaced.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks that is good to know. Is it hard to access micro switch in door? Are there two micro switches in the door, because the water switch is working fine in the door. If you can answer that then I think I can handle the rest

Thanks George
Yes, there are two micro switches in the door and you can access them by removing the front panel. It's fairly easy to replace. Below is a little video that shows you how to remove the front panel so that you can access the switches.

CLICK HERE