Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

My GE profile refrigerator model #PSS26MSWA SS. My water and

My GE profile refrigerator model #PSS26MSWA SS.
My water and ice does not work. I replaced the mother board in rear of refrigerator and also replaced a kinked water supply line. also removed filter plug then reinserted it. I got a trickle of water but that was all. What could the problem be?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Pull the refrigerator forward and disconnect the water line from the bottom of the electronic water valve that goes to the water tank (and then to your dispenser). This is the water line coming from the BLUE solenoid. Is there water that comes out the bottom of the valve when you push in the dispenser paddle on the front of the freezer?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ther are 2 lines. a clear line and a black line. black line goes to the freezer. Which one do you mean?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
I can't see colors of the tubing from here. I'm taking about the hose attached to the BOTTOM of the BLUE solenoid, not the red.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

We disconnected the water line from the blue solenoid and pushed the front panel. No water came out.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
ok then that means that either your valve is bad, there is not power coming from your refrigerator (which could be a bad switch as you stated before) or the refrigerator isn't getting water from you house. Are you sure there is water getting to your house? Make sure you're getting water to your refrigerator by filling up a bucket from the water supply line first. If so, then you need a multimeter to see if you're getting power to the blue solenoid. If you have power to the blue solenoid and it's not opening, replace the electronic water valve. If it's not getting power, then you'll want to replace the switch inside the dispenser.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
do i disconnect the line by pushing down on the hose flange or pushing up?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
Push in toward the valve on the plastic collar which is holding in the hose. Then pull out on the hose to remove it.