Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I HAVE A WHIRLPOOL ROPER FRIG. AND THE CIRCUIT BREAKER THAT

I HAVE A WHIRLPOOL ROPER FRIG. AND THE CIRCUIT BREAKER THAT THE FRIG. IS ON KICKED OFF TWICE AS I ALSO HAD A HEATER PLUGGED IN ON THE SAME CIRCUIT. AFTER RESETTING THE BREAKER, THE FRIG. IS NOT COOLING. THE LIGHT INSIDE THE FRIG. IS ON AND THE FRIG. SOUNDS LIKE IT IS TRYING TO KICK ON, BUT NOT GETTING ANY COLD AIR. CAN YOU HELP?? THANKS.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

do you hear a click or buzzing comming from the back near the compressor about every 3 minutes or so ?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
YES, I BELIEVE SO.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
okay , your relay on the compressor has failed, pull a refrigerator away from the wall and remove the cover at the bottom that covers the compressor and listen to the compressor, on the very side of the compressor is the relay assembly now on these relays they used a lot of different ones for these compressors so it's gonna be one of the ones in this kit that's going to replace it. They had a lot of trouble with them so they used like four different kinds of believe on the same compressor at certain points when they were building these refrigerators, what they do now is sell a kit that's universal and has all the relays in it so depending on which one you have in yours one of the ones in this kit will fit it, it's not difficult to replace and it comes with instructions, there may be a plastic black box covering it you may have the remove that to see which one you have, please unplug the refrigerator when going to do that, you can order this kit at the following link, like I said you won't be using all of these you may just have one with a white ones or the brown one and one of the smaller white ones on yours depending on what you have for a set up on it, here's the link. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Start-Device/8201786/1177466?modelNumber=RS25AFXMQ00 replaced the relay and you will be all set. Hope this helps, thanks, Bryan